*3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped or shredded (shredded mine)
*1 orange pepper, chopped
*1 yellow pepper, chopped
*11 oz of Mexican corn (I used Market Day’s Southwestern Corn Blend)
*2-3 garlic cloves, minced
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*6 cups chicken broth
*1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
*1 cup BBQ sauce
*1 cup cilantro, chopped
*2 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta (or whatever shape you prefer)
1. Cook and chop the chicken. For this, I set mine to cook in the crock pot with some water and season salt for a few hours. It comes out tender, and ready to shred. Then, I gave it a quick whirl in the mixer with the paddle attachment.
2. Chop the peppers and add everything to the crockpot EXCEPT the noodles.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3. Since I prepped everything the night before, I didn’t turn it on until about 3 p.m., when I got home from work.
4. Twenty minutes before serving, add the uncooked noodles. Let them cook for about 20 minutes.
5. Serve with sour cream or shredded cheese for garnish.
This soup is SO good, and very filling. You could even leave the noodles out for a lower carb option. I also think it would be great served with tortilla chips. So, what do you think? Are you going to give it a try? I hope so!