Happy Birthday to my little blog-My Favorite Finds! As with any birthday party, the guests totally make it fun. That’s why I have a huge list of blogger friends lined up for your reading enjoyment!
I love to think of myself as a Russian princess, but I am a queen at home. I am a paralegal by day, but my full time wife and a mother to my wonderful husband and son. My interests include cooking, art, crafts, and exploring new things. I love trying something new, it is very exciting!
For Cream Filling:
1 cup of milk
2/3 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
4 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk
For Ganache Frosting:
6 ounces semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup heavy cream, boiling
Make the cream filling FIRST:
1.Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until completely combines.
2. Add flour and cornstarch, whisk together very well and set aside while heating the milk.
3. Heat milk, heavy cream, butter and salt until simmering.
4. Slowly add the heated milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture stirring constantly. Whisk well slowly.
5. Return the mixture into the pot and bring to simmer stirring constantly. The mixture will thicken within 30-45 seconds. Take off heat!
6. Whisk in the vanilla, set aside to cool to room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 375, place the cupcake liners into the 12 cup muffin pan
2. Beat the butter is a large mixing bowl for 1 minute
3. Add sugar and beat for another minute
4. Add one egg at the time, beating after each addition.
5. Beat in vanilla.
6. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.
7. Add milk, beat well for about a minute.
8. Pour into the muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
1. Bring the heavy cream to boil, be careful not to let it actually boil or it will raise
2. Pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Cool to a little warmer then room temperature.
~ Fill a decorating bag with the cream filling. Use a long thin decorating tip. Insert the tip into the baked cupcakes while they are still hot.
~When the cupcakes are completely cooled, spoon the ganache frosting on top of the cupcake and let is slowly spread. If it does not spread too easy, help it with the edge of the rubber spatula very carefully.
Enjoy!! Absolutely delicious!!