Breakfast is made simple with these easy Breakfast Hash Tacos filled with eggs, bacon, potatoes & cheese!
It’s breakfast time you lovely MFF readers you!! So remember last month when I made that Loaded Potato Crustless Quiche? And remember how the Hubs turned it into tacos the second night he ate it for dinner? Well that gave me the inspiration for this Breakfast Hash Taco recipe!
To make these tacos, I whipped up a quick & easy breakfast hash packed full of southwestern flavors. We had potatoes, onions & peppers, eggs, bacon, cheese, salsa and avocado all wrapped up in a warm buttery tortilla. Best part is, outside of frying the bacon, it all cooks in one pan! I’m all for limited dirty dishes! 😉
Second best part, just like the quiche, it’s totally customizable to your tastes. Sub sausage instead of bacon. Switch up the cheese or leave it out all together. Add in extra veggies. Whatever floats your boat 🙂
- 2 cups frozen potatoes o’brien (diced potatoes with onions & peppers)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa, store bought or homemade + more for topping if desired
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado, diced
- flour tortillas
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes in an even layer and cook for about 6 minutes, uncovered, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the chili powder on the potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salsa and green onions. Add the egg mixture to the skillet with the potatoes. Add the crumbled bacon along with the cheese and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs are set, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, spoon about 2/3 cup of potato hash mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll tightly. Garnish with the diced avocado, additional salsa, cheese or sour cream if desired.
Thanks so much for joining me for breakfast!