I was provided two tickets to the Columbus Home and Garden Show in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
The Columbus Home and Garden show is bringing magic and beautiful inspiration to YOUR backyard in just a few weeks! Beginning February 17, and ending the 25, you can visit educational sessions, enjoy 350+ craftsmen covering every area of your home, and even take home free tomato cages! Check out the details below, and enter to win two tickets to the Columbus Home and Garden Show at the Ohio Expo Center!
Every day: info and educational sessions for avid and amateur gardeners, organized by the OSU Extension office that runs the Master Gardener program; “The Edible Garden” presented by Franklin County Master Gardener Volunteers featuring a real raised-bed vegetable garden; and two-for-one discount admission for library card holders and wine tastings in the gardens every day after 4 p.m.
• Saturday, Feb. 17: Opening Day celebrity appearances: Cambria welcomes the star of DIY Network’s “Bath Crashers,” Matt Muenster, and The Dispatch welcomes the mother-daughter stars of “Good Bones,” Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak, plus Columbus’ own Doug Morgan, host of DIY’s “Barn Sweet Home”.
• Sunday, Feb. 18: DIY Day — Tom Silva from “This Old House” will appear live for two presentations and a selfie session; Lowe’s will present four hours of DIY workshops.
• Monday, Feb. 19: Library Day — Pete the Cat Author Eric Litwin’s stage show, plus The Dispatch’s celebration of notable regional authors including Margaret Peterson Haddix, Mindy McGinnis, Jennifer Maschari, Robin Yocum and more. Sixteen authors in all, plus special library story time and readings in the gardens.
• Wednesday, Feb. 21: Gardening Lovers Day with a special emphasis on garden programming for both the casual and expert gardener, and garden clubs with presentations on both stages all day; plus two appearances and a book signing by best-selling author and horticulturist Tracy DiSabato-Aust.
• Thursday, Feb. 22: Alive Craft Beer Night (additional charge) presented by Third Sun Solar, that includes special food samples from six local Dine Originals restaurants, plus Dine Originals dueling-chef stage demos from 1-3 p.m., when every half hour 10 audience members will receive the Dine Originals Columbus Deck with 52 coupons to local restaurants ($520 value).
• Friday, Feb. 23: Alive Craft Beer Night presented by Third Sun Solar, featuring tastes of new and old favorites (additional charge; no food samples on Friday).
• Saturday, Feb. 24: Kids Day, with LEGOLAND Discovery Center on site all day. Kids can meet Bertie the mascot and build their own unique designs in giant LEGO® brick pits, plus Columbus Zoo animals and other special kids activities like Lowe’s Plant & Grow and free Child ID’s from the Franklin County Sheriff. Also, a stage appearance from husband-and-husband team PJ and Thomas McKay, from HGTV’s “Down to the Studs.”
• Sunday, Feb. 25: Pop-Up Arts Fest, created by The Columbus Arts Festival, spotlighting 10 local artists who will display and sell their art, and participate in sessions on the Simple Bath Home Stage.
Sounds amazing, right? There are so many great ideas and inspiration at the Columbus Home and Garden Show, and I have partnered with them to bring you two free tickets! Check out the details below and enter to win!