We are coming up on our FOURTH family trip to Disney. Our first Disney trip was when our twin boys were four. We thought it would be our only trip, but we were wrong :). Of those four trips, we have only flown once. So, we’re fairly experienced car travelers….especially with our kiddos!
One thing that is a must in the car is being organized. Second to being organized is making sure everyone is happy and fed :). But, I don’t like passing a bag of snacks around, or pouring some into a bowl. So, I came up with this idea of making reusable, closable snack containers for our upcoming trip.
Here is what you will need:
*Empty Crystal Light (or other brand) pouch containers
*Clear packing tape
*Disney themed scrapbooking paper and stickers
1. Start by cutting a piece of scrapbook paper about an inch smaller than your container. My container measured 6 1/2 inches long, so I cut the paper to be 5 1/2 inches long. This will leave you a bit of space at the top for the lid to come down.
2. Next, wrap the scrapbooking paper around the middle of the container, and secure it with packing tape.
3. Third, cut a small square of Disney themed paper to decorate the top of your lid. The paper I used had strips of character faces. So, I cut three different character boxes, one for each of my children.
4. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the top of the lid and the back of the character face square. Press the square on the top of the lid. Set it aside to dry.
5. Decorate the front of your container however you wish. For mine, I used Mickey head paint chips from the hardware store. I cut them out, and then put the first initial of each of the kids on their container. Done!
I can’t wait to fill these with fruit snacks, gold fish, dry cereal, etc. for our two day drive to Florida. How do you add Disney to your vacation travel?