Making these egg clouds wasn’t too difficult either. Just separate the egg whites and yolks. Then beat the egg whites into stiff peaks and form into clouds. I’d never formed egg whites by hand, so I thought it’d be a messy process. But, I’m definitely glad I didn’t let the potential messiness stop me since it’s actually not messy at all. The egg doesn’t really even stick to your hands either. Egg yolks go in the middle. (You don’t have to be like me and miss, but if you do, it’s still just as tasty!)
Egg Clouds by Morsels of Life
Egg whites whipped to stiff peaks, formed into clouds, and baked with a yolk center.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 eggs, separated
- Separate egg whites and yolks. Keeping each individual yolk separated will make it a bit easier for you when placing it into the cloud.
- Beat egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Form egg whites into clouds. Make a small indentation where you want to place the yolk.
- Bake egg whites either before baking egg yolks or part way through, depending on level of “done-ness” desired.
- Bake egg clouds at 425F until slightly browned on top.
What are some of your favorite fun or whimsical foods?