I love shrimp-and I wish I made it more often. When it got warm enough to grill last week, I bought some frozen, medium shrimp to put on the grill. I also added some cubed, grilled chicken for the boys to try alongside their pasta and broccoli. This dish is made with 3 things my kids will eat-broccoli, pasta, and chicken. BUT, they don’t like their food mixed together or touching, so I plated their food separately from each other, then tossed it together for Derrick and I. Next time, I’ll take a picture :).
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
8 oz fettucine or linguine cooked
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 lb medium shrimp and/or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half
1/4 c melted butter
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t onion powder
1 t garlic powder
**I bought frozen, raw shrimp in the freezer section of the grocery. I defrosted them by running them under cold water for about 5 minutes.
1. Defrost shrimp by running under cold water. If using fresh shrimp, peel and devein it.
2. Combine butter, cumin, onion and garlic powders.
3. Place the shrimp and chicken in separate bowls or ziploc bags. Divide the marinade between the chicken and shrimp. Marinate for 15 minutes.
4. While the meats are marinating, cook the pasta. Add broccoli the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside to keep warm.
5. Then, heat grill. Grill chicken about 7 minutes per side, or until no longer pink. After it’s done cooking, cube the chicken into bite size pieces.
6. Add shrimp to the grill. Grill about 2-3 minutes, or until a nice pink color.
7. Toss shrimp and/or chicken with cooked pasta and broccoli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.