Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my comfort foods. After I made it myself, I prefer it over the canned soup any day! Best of all, it’s freezer friendly, so leftovers can be frozen in smaller quart size freezer bags and saved for lunches. Or, freeze the whole batch to pull out for an easy dinner.
I paired mine with French Bread, and our dinner was ready in no time. I made the bread the night before and rewarmed it in the oven, and I also assembled the soup the night before.
*4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
*2-3 carrots, chopped
*2-3 celery stalks, chopped
*1 onion, chopped
*1 can chicken broth
*1 can cream of chicken soup
*1 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoon garlic powder
*1/4 teaspoon pepper
*Sprinkle of paprika
*2 cups dry pasta
1. Cook and shred the chicken breast.
2. Chop the celery, carrots, and onions.
3. Place the chicken, chopped vegetables, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in the crockpot.
4. Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
6. A half hour before serving, add the uncooked pasta and stir. Allow it to cook until the pasta is done.