You might remember that I participated in the Mom’s Crazy Cooking Challenge-Chocolate Chip Cookies back in October. It was soooo much fun to see the varieties, and I even started a “pin board” just for chocolate chip cookie recipes.
This time around, it’s FUDGE recipes. I have to say that I’ve never made fudge before. I’ve definitely indulged in eating it, and even seeing how it’s made at the mall. Since we had to scour blog land for a great fudge recipe to feature, I didn’t have to look far.
I was linking up to Alli-N-Son during one of her Sweet Tooth Friday parties when I came across this “Frankenstein’s Fudge” recipe. It looked easy enough, and the only ingredient I didn’t have on hand was the sweetened condensed milk. Since we had a myriad of leftover Halloween candy in the pantry, I was off to make some fudge.
*3 cups milk chocolate chips
*14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
*2 cups miniature marshmallows
*Pinch of salt
*1 1/2 cups chopped candy bars
*1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a microwave safe bowl, put the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, marshmallows salt, and vanilla.
2. Microwave on high for one and a half minutes. While it’s microwaving, line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, leaving some hanging over the sides.
3. Remove the chocolate mixture from the microwave and stir it. Microwave it again for another minute and a half.
4. Now, add the chopped candy bars and stir it until it’s smooth.
5. Pour it into the parchment lined pan and put it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Note: Keep it refrigerated! To serve, remove it from the pan and cut into bite sized pieces.
I hope you’ll visit some of the other Mom’s Crazy Cooking Challenge entries below. I’d love it if you voted for me….and also visit Alli N Son. She has a KILLER Beer Battered Pizza Dough recipe…..the ONLY one we use now in our house. 12 years of making homemade pizza, and I finally found the best dough recipe ever-and it’s great for grilled pizza, too!