*2 teaspoons vanilla
*1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Pop the popcorn and set it aside.
2. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave safe bowl, layer your brown sugar, butter chunks, and pour the Karo syrup over it.
3. Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir it.
4. Return to the microwave, and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir it again. Microwave it for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the vanilla, baking soda, and cinnamon to the brown sugar/butter mixture. Stir until it is well combined.
6. In a large bowl, pour the carmel mixture over the popcorn and pecans. You might have to split it into two bowls, like I did, because it made a lot. Stir the popcorn around the carmel mixture until it is well coated.
7. Spread the coated popcorn onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or more if you like it crunchy.
8. Spread it on wax paper to dry. After it’s dried, you could melt some white dipping chocolate and drizzle the popcorn with it.
This is the first attempt I’ve made at anything other than butter/salted popcorn….and it’s SOOOO addicting! It’ll make a great treat for the holidays!