Fruit pizza is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. Truthfully, it’s one of mine, too! It takes almost no time to make, and is always a hit at parties. I made this for Father’s Day and served it at our Bible study. Good thing my husband was there for Bible study-otherwise, he probably wouldn’t have gotten to eat any!
As I looked at my finished fruit pizza, I thought it looked rather festive for the upcoming Fourth of July. So, that’s why I saved it to post it as this week’s Must Try Monday. It’s super easy-because you use store bought cookie dough-and you can add as much or as little variety of fruit as you choose.
Festive Fruit Pizza
*1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
*Fruit (blueberries, grapes, strawberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple work well)
*1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*1/2 cup sugar
1. Line a baking sheet or stone with parchment paper. Spread the cookie dough out on the baking sheet. I used my round baking stone for this.
2. Bake the cookie dough at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
3. While it’s cooling, wash and cut up your fruit.
4. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and spread on the cooled cookie dough.
5. Arrange the fruit on top of the cream cheese mixture.
**Note: I make the cookie dough the day ahead, but I don’t do the cream cheese mixture and fruit on it until about two hours before I’m ready to serve it. Otherwise, it gets kind of mushy and soft. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
What do you create for those Memorial Day or Fourth of July parties? Aren’t the blueberries and strawberries so perfect for color?