My daughter has been blessed with a large amount of hairbows…..and I need a place to put them. Hence, the bow board. I know it’s nothing new, you can buy them on Etsy-monogrammed, tutu style, large, small….you name it, you can find it.
But, why buy something when you can make it, right? Yea, it’s really that easy. Here’s how I make mine:
Hot glue gun, glue sticks
12×12 wrapped canvas
3 yards of grosgrain ribbon
1 yard cotton fabric
1. Lay your fabric pattern side down on your work space. Next, lay your canvas face down on your fabric.
2. Trim your fabric so you have about 2-3 inches extra on each side.
3. Run a strip of hot glue down one edge of your canvas. Fold the edge of your fabric over your canvas and secure it with the glue.
4. Continue this until all four edges are covered. It’s sort of like wrapping a gift.
5. Next, with your canvas face down, hot glue the edge of your ribbon to the back of the canvas. Run the ribbon over the front of your canvas and glue it to the opposite side. Repeat this until you have as many lines of ribbon as you want on your board. Mine are spaced about 3 inches or so apart.
6. To give your board a finished look, cut 12 inch strips of ribbon, and glue them to the edges of your canvas. This will cover up the seams of your fabric from step 3.
I just put a Hercules hook in the wall to hang the board, or you can use command strips, too. This 12×12 board will hold about 20 hair clips, depending on their size.
These are so fun to make, and can easily be customized to match any little girl’s room or bathroom. It doesn’t have to be expensive, either. Hit the remnant bin at the fabric store, or sometimes in the back of the store they’ll have bolts of fabric on sale for super cheap. Also, Michael’s always has ribbon on sale.
Maybe someday I’ll get the gumption to open an Etsy store…maybe someday.
Linked to:Monday~~ The DIY Showoff Parade,**Made by You Mondays** Embellishing Life Everyday**Just Something I whipped up Monday**The CSI project **C.R.A.F.T.**The Southern Institute **Making the World Cuter **Mod Mix Monday**Thrify Décor Chick**Metamorphosis Monday**Sumo Sweet Stuff**Gunny Sack**Singing Three Little Birds**Homemaker Monday**It’s a Wrap**Making Monday Marvelous**CRAFToManiac**Amaze Me Monday**Homemade Monday**Motivate Me Monday**Lines Across My Face**Mad In Crafts**Making the World Cuter~~Tuesday ~~ Get Your Craft On** Tip Junkie**Blackberry Vine**Crafty Confessions ** Me & my Boys **A Bowl Full of Lemons **Home Stories A-Z **My Uncommon Slice of Suberbia ** Coastal Charm ** Carolyn’s Homework ** Sugar Bee Crafts**HelpAMommaOut** House of Grace ** Passionately Artisitc **Under the Table and Dreaming**Tuesday Timeout**NightOwlCrafting**Crayon Freckles~~Wednesday~~** Wow Me Wednesday**Share the Wealth Wednesday**Sugar and Spice*Someday Crafts**What I Made Wednesday**The Trendy Treehouse~~Thursday~ ~ Transformation Thursdays** Somewhat simple**Show off your stuff ** House of Hepworths**Delightful Order**My Simple Home Life ** The Frugal Girls **Thrifty Thursday ** DIY Diva Thursday **Tablescape Thursday ** No Minimalists Here **Crafty, Scrappy, Happy **Thrifty Decorating **Between U and Me**Taking a Timeout Thursday~~Friday ~~ The Shabby nest ** Show and Tell Friday **Finding Fabulous ** I’m Loving it *Simply Sweet Home ** Whipper Berry **Chic on a Shoestring decorating **Spunky Junky ** Delicate Construction**Homemaker in Heels **Shine on Fridays**Family Ever After~**French Country Cottage ** Common Ground ~**Young And Crafty **At the Picket Fence** Fingerprints on the Fridge ** Lolly Jane ~ Miss Mustard Seed ~ Addicted to Decorating **Bacon Time with The Hungry Hypo**Saturday ~~**I heart nap time** Sundae Scoop ** Tatertots and Jello ** Be different Act Normal ** Funky Junk ** 2805 ** Making Lemonade Blog**Strut Your Stuff**Sharing Saturday~~Sundays ** Homemaker on a Dime ** Sunday’s Best