I LOVE getting and sending photo cards at Christmas. We have friends from college and the seminary spread all over the country, and I look forward to getting pictures of their families every Christmas.
Typically, I tape the photo cards to the basement door, but this year I wanted to do something a little more creative. I had bought some wire ribbon to make a wreath, but ended up not using it because we found a wreath in our Christmas decor that I had forgotten about. I LOVE the blue and silver combination of colors, and I really wanted to use the ribbon. So, I used it for the card display.
*Hot glue/glue gun
*Holiday wire ribbon, two different widths
*Foam half ball (you can find this in the floral section of craft stores)
1. Cut your ribbon the length of your door. It’s ok if it seems too long, because you’ll be making a loop at the top.
2. Hot glue the narrower width of ribbon down the center of the wider ribbon.
3. While this is drying, cut small lengths of ribbon. Loop these so the ends slightly overlap and attach them to the foam ball with straight pins. This is the same technique I used to make the ribbon topiary and the ribbon ornament HERE. Since I wanted to keep consistent, I layered the small lengths of ribbon before pinning them.
4. Hot glue one end of the ribbon to the back of the ribbon length that you made in step . You should have a loop at the top.
5. Punch a hole through the loop-this is how you will hang it on your Command hanger.
6. Hot glue the flat end of the ribboned ball from step 3 to the top of your ribbon length.
7. After it’s dry, hang your display ribbon from the command hook. Using clear tape, randomly place “tape bubbles” to the back of the ribbon so it is flush against the door.
8. Use clear tape to adhere the photos to the ribbon.
How do you display your Christmas cards? I am sure it is beautiful!
Linked to: Sunday Link Parties:Delicate Construction *Homemaker Monday *Home Stories A-Z*Inspire Me Monday *Mad Skills Link Party *Strut Your Stuff Sunday*The DIY Showoff Parade *The Sunday Showcase Party Monday Link Parties: Amaze Me Monday *Craft Catwalk*Craft O Maniac*It’s A Wrap *Just Something I Whipped Up*Made By You Monday *Making Monday Marvelous *Making the World Cuter Monday *Market Yourself Monday *Metamorphosis Monday*Mod Mix Monday *Motivate Me Monday*Savvy Homemade Monday*The Cure for the Common Monday*The Southern Institute *Tip Me Tuesday *What’s in the Gunny Sack?Tuesday Link Parties:Coastal Charm *Get Your Craft On *Handmade Tuesdays *Hoo’s Got Talent *One Project at a Time *Sugar Bee Crafts*The Inspiration Board *Tip Toe Thru Tuesday*Tuesday Confessional*Tuesday Time Out*Tuesday To Do *Tuesday’s Treasures*Twice Owned Tuesday Party Wednesday Link Parties:*Crafty, Scrappy, Happy*Crazy Cute *Create and Share*Open House*Share the Wealth Wednesday*Show off Your Stuff *Sugar and Spice*What I Made Wednesday *Whatever Goes Wednesday*Wow Me WednesdayThursday Link Parties:*Delightfully Inspiring *DIY Divas Thursday*Friday Favorites*Friday Flair*Hookin Up with HOH*Simply Creations*The CSI Project *Strut Your Stuff *Taking a Timeout Thursday *Thrifty Thursday*Transformation Thursday Friday Link Parties:*Addicts Anonymous*Anything Goes *Feature Yourself Fridays *Flaunt it Friday *Free for All *Frugal Fridays *Frugalicious Fridays *Homemaker in Heels*Inspiration Friday *Miss Mustard Seed*Once Upon a Weekend*Potpourri Party*Refresh Your Nest *Shine on Fridays*Show and Tell Fridays *Spunky Junky*Strut Your Stuff*Whatcha Got Weekend? Saturday Link Parties: Feathered Nest Friday *Show and Tell Saturday *SNS *Sundae Scoop*Weekend Wrap Up