Since we’ve been married, we’ve had pizza every Friday for as long as I can remember. Rarely do we buy pizza either from a pizza shop or the frozen section of the grocery. We make it at home, even with homemade crust. Now that my husband works later on Fridays, I’ve moved our pizza night to Sundays so he can be home to enjoy it with the kids and I. Because of that, I’ve made Fridays (for the most part) our “appetizer” night. Basically, I make a few finger type foods, put them on the island as a buffet type set-up, and we watch movies or play the Wii. I’m all about making memories for my kids :).
As part of our recent “appetizer” night, I made these Crispy Pizza Wraps. They turned out really good, and I’m thinking you could probably freeze them for a quick lunch or snack. The best part, you can make them however you want and the kids can help.
Crispy Pizza Wraps
*Burrito or Fajita size tortillas
*Shredded Mozzarella cheese
*Pepperoni, sausage, ham, etc.
*Diced peppers, onions, etc.
*Small amount of olive oil
1. Heat your griddle to about 350 degrees.
2. While it’s warming, lay a tortilla down and spread a little bit of pizza sauce down the middle.
3. Layer pepperoni, sausage, etc. on the sauce.
4. Add some shredded cheese and/or veggies if you want.
5. Roll it up burrito style, and lightly brush the seam side with olive oil.
6. Lay it seam side down on the griddle until it’s crispy. About 5 minutes or so.
7. While it’s cooking seam side down, lightly brush the up side with olive oil.
8. When the seam side is crispy, flip it over and crisp the other side.
**Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.