Do you have a Captain America fan in your house? Or at this point in time, any Marvel/Avengers fans? If you do, as I have three of them, you know that the Avengers series is beyond popular! And, what do you do when you have three fans who love their superhero movies? Of course you make them a fun dessert to eat while watching the movie. So, I whipped up one of those easy, and SO good, M&M’s Cookie Pizzas. We all loved it, and devoured it. I am so excited to share this with you today!
And do you ever have one of those cookie recipes that you just cannot stay out of the dough?
This is one of those, so be ready. I, like most others, love cookie dough. But I LOVE this recipe so much! So good! But, you aren’t here to hear how much cookie dough I ate while making this Captain America M&MS Cookie Pizza. I’m sure you’re dying to make it yourself !
Captain America M&Ms Cookie Pizza
2/12 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz butter, softened just to room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups milk chocolate chips
Blue and red M&M’s, separated
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a pizza stone with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Separate the red and blue M&Ms from the bag, and set them aside. Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Gently mix in the chocolate chips
5. Spoon the batter out onto the pizza stone. Using your hands, with parchment paper between them and the dough, start pressing it out to the sides. After you have pressed most of it, lay the parchment paper on top as a barrier between the dough and a rolling pin and finish rolling it out.
6. Trim off any excess so it is about 1 1/2 inches from the edge of the pan.
7. Gently press the red and blue M&Ms into the dough, around the edges and working your way toward the middle. I set my star cookie cutter in the middle, so I knew where to stop. I didn’t have white M&Ms, so I cut the star out of the middle after it was baked.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, and cut the star out of the middle with a star cutter.
So good! And this dessert can be customized so easily for any party…thanks to the M&Ms!