DIY Disney Paint Chip Countdown
It is my big debut on the Magical Blogorail! I am so super excited to be part of the Yellow Loop this month, and what better way to start my journey as a contributor to the Magical Blogorail than with a DIY Disney project! Making a Disney Vacation Countdown has become one of our family traditions. We typically travel to “the World” the first part of June, so the whole month of May is full of anticipation of school ending and our Disney vacation on the horizon. Paint chips are an easy, inexpensive way to make a countdown. Along with some canvas, some fun markers and scrapbooking paper, this countdown comes together easily! Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Yellow Loop. Today we are sharing Disney DIY projects.
Chances are, you have many of these supplies laying around the house, right? And paint chips you can easily find at your local home improvement store. So not only is this project fun and colorful, it is also budget friendly. Let’s get started!
Bright Colored Markers
Disney Themed Ribbon and Scrapbook Paper
1. Put a dab of hot glue on the end of your ribbon and attach it to the back edge of the canvas. Run it width wise, to the other side. Dab some glue on the other end and attach it. Continue this until you have five rows of ribbon.
2. After you’ve glued your ribbon rows on, you’ll want to lay out your paint chips. I had to cut mine down a bit, but I got six per row. This gave me 30 days, which was perfect to start counting down from.
3. I glued the paint chips back to back, so I could write on the other side. Each night, one of our children pulls the card off, turns it over, and reads a fun Disney fact.
4. From this point, I cut apart my scrapbook paper so there was the face of each character. I glued these to the corner of each paint chip, sort of off center. Beside the character face, I wrote the number.
5. To finish it off, I attached each paint chip to the ribbon with clothespins. Hang it on the wall with some command strips, and we’re done!
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Blogorail Yellow | Disney DIY
- 1st Stop – Love Our Crazy Life | Make Your Own Disneyland Hotel Headboard
- 2nd Stop – Monorails and Magic | Easy DIY Beaded Earrings Inspired by Disney’s Moana
- 3rd Stop – This Roller Coaster Called Life | Disney Vacation Savings Jar
- 4th Stop – My Favorite Finds | DIY Disney Paint Chip Countdown
- 5th Stop – Disney Mamas | How to Make Your Own Reusable Countdown Calendar
Such a cute idea! 🙂
Just found you over at Live, Laugh, Rowe! This countdown is AWESOME! I just finished a series on “Stress Free Disney.” Pinning this to my “all things disney world!” NOW! You rock. Have an awesome day!
What a cute idea! Do you take one down each day? It’s nice that you can re-use that countdown for each trip!
Thank you! Yes. We take one down each day, and then I save them for the next trip!